Monday, February 27, 2012

The first goal!

I did it! I made it! I hit my first goal. Setting goals, and having short and long term goals are great for success in the weight loss game. This also works for the workouts. So, since I share so much let me share some of my goals I have (or had) set for myself so far this year.

I want to workout at least 3 times a week. Since I started with the exception of the week I hurt my back I have worked out at least 3 days a week. Now I want to make it 4 days a week with at least one day doing strength training. I want to work up to the point that I can run a 10 minute mile, but that first requires me to at least to be able to do a walk/jog of a mile first. While working on that I want to run a 5k, then a 10k (if I can find one), and then I want to work my way up to a half marathon. For me being able to complete a 13 plus mile walk/run would be great!

As for my weight loss goals. I wanted to get under 300 pounds (which was a minimum of 26.2 pounds lost - so I just skipped the 25 pound mark all together). Now that I have hit that my next goal is to hit my 10% weight loss. I have also decided that I want to lose 50 pounds by my birthday in June, and another 50 pounds by the end of December. That would be 100 pounds this year and put me on track to start working on being able to get pregnant.

I asked my husband what his goals were and if I could share them. His goals (with no time line really) is to first lose the weight he put back on from the time he quit Weight Watchers. That is 41 pounds (this was put on in a time frame of just under 2 years). His next goal is to get down to 250 pounds. Then after that it is 25 pound increments after that until he gets down to 200 pounds. His ultimate goal however is to get down to a weight that his doctor will take him off of his medicine.

I also know that if I work out the way I want to and hit my goals with the walking and running he will be supporting me the entire time, so in reality my 5k, 10k, and 1/2 marathon goals are his too.

I also know that reaching my goals this year will not be easy. I have set some realistic, but ambitious goals for the year. However, with the support I have and mind set that I can do it, I will reach the goals. It doesn't matter that I am moving, and have a 15 hour drive. Or that I am moving to a place where some of the best known food is stuff cooked in oil and butter, or covered in powdered sugar to boot. I will make my goals, I will work my butt off to do it. I don't care what it takes, it isn't enough to push me out of the mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment