Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Long thoughts

As I write this I have been thinking of what I wanted to write and how to write it for awhile. The funny thing is how much my thoughts change on a day to day basis I guess depending on how I am feeling about my progress so far.

Not that I have any complaining about progress. Last week I was baby-sitting my three year old nephew, and took him with my for my weigh in and meeting. It was a great motivator for me, as when he weighed in, that is exactly how much I had lost up until I stepped on the scale. I can now say anytime I pick my nephew up, that I have lost more than you weigh buddy! That fueled me in this tough week I had to face.

I am moving in 25 or so days now, and have so much I am trying to accomplish along with the whole stay fit, lose weight aspect of my life. I also had to worry about a wake, funeral, and Easter this week. Talk about food addict stress. I will admit on Tuesday my husband and I copped out and stopped at McDonald's for dinner, as it would be easier to get to the wake up "north" (as us south siders consider it) with a drive-thru dinner than trying to cook something, scarf it down quick, and then get up north in time.

First, my order at McDonald's has changed dramatically. I use to get either a quarter pounder with cheese or double quarter pounder with cheese (both plain), a medium or large fry, and a large coke, no ice. This time it was a McDouble (still plain), a small fry, and I had water in the car. Secondly, when you haven't had McDonald's burgers and fries in months (I think the last time I had it was in my first few weeks of my journey), and you are eating better, healthier food McDonald's just doesn't do anything for me. I honestly didn't want to finish the burger. It had little or no flavor, and didn't sit well in my stomach at all. Ick! What a lesson I ended up getting that night.

I also made it through the luncheon after the funeral as the food served was actually pretty darn healthy, the dinner at Grandma's after with the family (again, thanks to my family who as a whole is leaning towards the healthier food), and Easter dinner. Well, I helped myself there. I don't eat ham (I know I am odd, comment away lol), so I made my "unfried" chicken pieces for my Easter dinner, and put them with my salad. Yummy!

Even said, I didn't really get to exercise (and getting back into that after being released for my knee is taking forever. I haven't finished a session yet for fear of hurting my knee). I was figuring that if I lost a pound or so I would be happy considering the entire week. Imagine my shock when I got on the scale and was told I lost 4 pounds, and my new total is a loss of 43.4 pounds! I am way ahead of schedule of my first goal of 50 pounds by my birthday in June. Now I am trying to see if I can get in done in the next 3 weeks before I move.

Now, my journey hasn't been easy, I've had my set backs, but the rewards are great. Remember the doctor that told me I had to lose weight to get pregnant? I went and saw him last week for my yearly check up. He was very happy to see my weight loss, and everyone in the office commented on how great I was doing. Not only that, but my doctor mentioned to me that I am inspiring to him, as in less than 3 months I had lost more weight than he was looking to lose total.

I am telling you that setting goals, and telling people helps immensely in trying to get fit and lose the weight. However, that is not enough. If you truly are not personally motivated and inspired to lose the weight you won't. You have to want to achieve it and do it, or you never will. Did you ever have someone tell you that you can do anything you put your mind to? I did, and I will tell you, until you are whole heartedly behind yourself mentally, there is nothing you can do to succeed. Mentally be ready, and you can do anything!

Love, Peace, and Still Fat
S

No comments:

Post a Comment