Sunday, March 18, 2012

I feel good...but my wallet might not lol

So, after the disaster of feelings I had with my last blog, I really needed a pick me up this weekend. I knew I would be busy, but there needed to be something that would just push me over the edge and put a really big smile on my face, and remind me of why I am doing this get fit, lose weight thing.

Friday night after dinner (breakfast for dinner too, yummy) and shopping for a costume for next weekend we decided to go hit up my parents house and hang with my dad. My mom was having girls night, so we sat outside around the fire. I relaxed had some good conversations, and enjoyed the evening. But that wasn't it.

Saturday Matt and I washed and detailed both cars (and yes mine still looks almost new when it's all cleaned up). We then ran to the store to try and get a discount on our cell phone bill (successful), got dinner, and went and picked up a new scale. Yeah, ours pretty much died we believed. After stepping on the new scale, it was worth the purchase. After that we went to my parents for another fire and to hang out with my nephew. It was good, but not the smile I was looking for.

Just as we were getting ready to go to bed my husband commented on how he had no clue what he was going to wear to church Sunday. I didn't have any clue what I was wearing so I went to the closet and started to look. My eyes fell on this blue, sleeveless, cowl-necked dress that I bought just about a year ago, and decided that even though it was a dress I was very uncomfortable in it, and would need to wear something underneath of it to walk out of the house. I looked at my stomach and figured that it still looks smaller, I might as well try it on. The dress fit better than before. While I would be more comfortable walking out of the house with it on, I decided I needed a few more pounds gone so I don't feel like my stomach is the main attraction of the dress.

Now that got a smile on my face, and got me thinking about the few other dresses I had in my closet. I pulled out the dress I wore to a wedding in October, just about 5 1/2 months ago. It still looks great, but there is a little more room in places there wasn't room before, and I could almost zip it up alone. The other dress I've had for a few years, and seem to wear it two or three times a year. It always fit, and was nice looking. Now, it really shows that I have some curves with my fat.

Yes, that is what I needed to make me smile. I feel good. And, I know that when I have to get all dressy in July for Rally I will either be buying new smaller clothes, or I will be having someone take in that dress from the wedding as it is adorable.

Love, Peace, and Still Fat
S

No comments:

Post a Comment